Thursday, September 14, 2017

Summer 2017 Comparisons - Essie Sweet Souffle (S'il Vous Play)


I’m sorry I don’t have either OPI Oh My Majesty or CG Snow Way, I really didn’t like Oh My Majesty so I got rid of it and didn’t get within 20 feet of Snow Way. I think they’re both pretty close to Sweet Souffle. I hope I like Sweet Souffle more than Oh My Majesty!



From left to right: Erin (Spa Essentials, this has silver glitter in it I swear), Brenda (Naughty or Nice Mystery Box, December 2013), Frosting (Sugar High, Spring 2015), Celeste (Masquerade), Leona (Diamond for April, April 2015), Christinna (?), Steph (Drenched, July 2015), Rainbow (China Rain, Spring 2001), Sweet Soufflé, Time For Me Time (Resort Spring 2015), Chantilly Lace (Whisper, Spring 2015), Lara (Spring to It, March 2017), La Vie En Rose (Spring Reveries, Spring 2014), Temptation Carnation (Bali Bliss)

Erin is obviously more nude and not white, Brenda too gold and too blingy, Frosting super warm and has gold shimmer, Celeste more of a mother of pearl as opposed to white with shimmer, and Leona’s shimmer is a whole other animal, pink and blue shimmer. Christinna is similar in concept except the shimmer is silver and not orange. Temptation Carnation is really a pink with shimmer, same with La Vie En Rose. Lara is kind of the opposite of Sweet Souffle, instead of a pale base with pink shimmer, Lara is a pink with pale gold shimmer. Chantilly Lace and Time for Me Time (which are fairly close to each other, but Time for Me Time is a lot warmer toned than Chantilly Lace) are basically Sweet Souffle with a pink base as opposed to a white one. If you like Rainbow you’ll like Sweet Souffle, Rainbow’s base is less stark white and the shimmer is pink and not pink/orange. Steph is like a cross between Leona and Sweet Souffle, it’s got Sweet Souffle’s opaque white base but Leona’s blue and pink shimmer as opposed to the stuff that’s in Sweet Souffle.



Left: Sweet Souffle. Right: It’s Totally Fort Worth It (Texas, Spring 2011)

Fort Worth It is similar in construction, but it’s obviously a gray not white, and the shimmer is a lot different, it’s more little flecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment