Sunday, July 2, 2017

Holiday 2016 Comparisons - OPI Five-and-Ten (Breakfast at Tiffany's)




From left to right: Glimmer (Classics), Whatever Lola Wants (collaboration with Kelly Ripa, 2007?), Rage (Foil FX, Spring 2010), Miss Independent (Liquid Metals, Spring 2011), Judy (All Night Long, December 2015), Five-and Ten, My Favorite Ornament (Mariah Carey Christmas, Holiday 2013), Getting Groovy (Getting Groovy, Holiday 2016), Beatrice (All Night Long, December 2015)

Glimmer and Whatever Lola Wants are so different I forgot why I put them in here (they’re both sheer toppers.) Rage is bronze and Miss Independent is pink, but I wanted to show them anyway. Beatrice is way too warm and Getting Groovy doesn’t have nearly enough silver to compare. My Favorite Ornament is a glitter, and it’s golder, but otherwise they’re pretty close. Judy and Five-and-Ten though are really close. Judy has a smidge more pink in the glitters but they’re almost exactly the same.



From left to right: Icicle (Let it Snow!, Holiday 2011), Five-and-Ten, Centennial Celebration (Coca-Cola Icons of Happiness, Summer 2015),

I wanted to show Five-and-Ten against a real silver foil just to show you that Five-and-Ten isn’t a silver foil in the slightest. I thought Centennial Celebration would be closer, but where Five-and-Ten is pink, Centennial Celebration is gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment